Wednesday, December 21, 2011

EWS = Parable = A story with an implicit moral

My First Childhood Memory

Any girl in the world who has a brother has been in some way, in a similar situation as me. I was quite young at the time but this memory has been profound in building my relationship with my brother. 

It was like any other day, I was in my parent's bedroom, playing with my toys. I should have known that it was too peaceful, but then my baby brain was really focused on this huge, blue-haired doll (which was technically my older sister's and I had kind of taken without her permission, and then taken it to our parent's bedroom so that she wouldn't find out). I did not see my brother walking in and opening my mother's make-up case. He really politely asked me for the doll and I felt so trustful towards him at the time that I gave it to him without a fuss.

I saw him take my mother's favorite red lipstick and color the doll's forehead red and then put the lipstick back into the case and leave, leaving the evidence of his mischief in my hands. I was still sitting at the same spot when I vaguely heard Mum rushing in and finding her favorite lipstick ruined. She saw me with the doll and well, the thrashing I got was harsh, or at least I think it was because I don't really remember it.

Now, the same brother is my confidante, my friend and I wouldn't be who I am without his guidance.   

No comments:

Post a Comment