Thursday, December 15, 2011

EWS = Fable = A story with an explicit moral.

This Fable was the first graded fable I have ever written in my life. So here we go:

Orange and Apple
Orange: "Oh man! Please God, help me!!"

Apple: "What's wrong Orange?"

Orange: "I can't tell you man. I'm so in trouble, I don' know what to do!"

Apple: "Listen, I'm sure whatever the problem is, it is not that bad that it can't be solved."

Orange: "You won't understand Apple. It's not something that I'm proud of and my parents will skin me alive if they find out."

Apple: "Orange, we have known each other since we were seedlings. Don't you trust me? Please let me help you."

Orange: "Well...."

Apple: "G on, just say it."

Orange: "I'm addicted to heroin."

Apple: *Silence*

Orange: "Apple? See? I knew it. I knew that you would judge me. Forget I said anything."

Apple: "That's not it. I'm just shocked, a reflex reaction due to the enormity of the news. When did this happen, Orange?"

Orange: "I'm not quite sure, there were new additions in the family. these oranges had come all the way from Africa and we became quick friends. One day, we were hanging out and Orange-O brought out this needle and stuck it in himself. Suddenly everybody wanted it, but I had no interest. They offered it to me but I refused.  

Apple: "Then what happened?"

Orange: "I refused every single time until one day, just to get them off my back, I took the needle. That was the day of my ruin."

Apple: "Oh Orange, no wonder you've been looking so pale and sickly. I just thought it was because of the change in the season. Not to worry Orange, I'll help you. I will support you in all of this."

Orange: "Thanks Apple. You're the best."

After 30 days of rehab....

Apple: "Orange!!!! What are you doing?!?!"

Orange: "Just this once Apple. Really, I swear."

Apple: "You're lying to me! You took it yesterday too. My brother was told to keep an eye on you when I would be busy. Orange, please don't do this."

Orange: *Sigh*. You're right Apple. This was the last, I promise."

After 10 days of sobriety...

Apple: "Orange? Orange! Wake up! Orange!!!"

Orange: "I couldn't do it, Apple. I was in way too deep in my addiction. I can't handle life without drugs. Just this once."

Apple: "Orange, look at yourself, you're near death and you still want another dose. What happened to you?"

Orange: *Silence*

Apple: "Another life wasted on drugs. Goodbye, my friend."

Moral: Between a battle of peer pressure and self-confidence, self-confidence should always come out the winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment